Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Here's some new art I did. You will see from earlier postings that I am working on a short series of illustrations involving the characters of two adolescent girls and a talking bird. A raven, in fact. The first painting showed both the children riding on the raven's back as he flew over a quaint village. It's shown below. The second painting is in progress currently, and is also shown below, in it's unfinished state. The third one is this one, which I will eventually execute in oil as well. But for the purpose of a style sample, I went ahead and created it in Photoshop. I know full well that I will need other, complimentary styles such as this digital one, and also perhaps a watercolor style, to go along with the oil style. This was quicker and easier to execute than an oil painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment