Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

So here we go. This is my first ever blog. First ever post, actually. Welcome! As you can probably tell, I'm an illustrator. Trying to be, anyway. I am at the very beginning of building my business. Don't even have much work to show yet.  But what I got, I'm putting up here. I value your input.

This is a sketch and final of the first of a series I intent to do. By series, I mean probably four paintings. These are oil on illustration board.







This is the final. I am hoping to get into children's publishing, if you're wondering why I am painting pictures of adolescent children on implausibly large ravens. Or, maybe they are incredibly small adolescent children on normal-sized ravens? Hmmm…








Don't you hate it when you've put a lot of time in on a painting, and then when it's done, you can't figure out if you like it or not? Like something's bugging you about it, or maybe you just think something should be bugging you about it. I guess that's when it's time to move on to the next one. Well, here's the next one.





And here it is part way through. I haven't touched this one for a few weeks. Hopefully I will be back on it again tomorrow. 




1 comment:

  1. These paintings are fantastic!!!

    Marti Reynolds-Marano

    P.S. I'm one of Laura's old friends from Stokes Avenue, we lived right behind David Patch.

    ReplyDelete