Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Now I want to talk about some other artists. Like all artists blogs, I want to recognize amazing artists when I come across them. The on I am referring to right now is named Eliza Wheeler (http://wheelerstudio.com/artwork/).  Her work is very different from mine, obviously. I am sort of an old-school teeny-brush oil painter. I like to labor over every square inch of the painting till it's as close to perfect as I can get it. She is very whimsical, and conceptually very strong. Very, very gifted young artist.

I love this illustration of hers:



There's something about the sort of exaggerated three-point perspective in the lower part of this illustration that really turbocharges the layout. And the characters in the boat, so close to the edge, charge right out of the picture, taking you with them to who knows where…

She's getting work and winning awards, and deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment